Thursday, December 30, 2010

How Can I Get My Ex Boyfriend Back Again Three Answers To A Tough Question

I must say, when my partner of many years made a decision that he needed a break from our loving relationship, almost all I could think of was "How do I get my ex boyfriend back now?"

I became as troubled as another woman should be in that condition, but when I really sat down to think about it, I saw there were just simply three different responses to the old question of "How to get my boyfriend back?" I've outlined them all to you here.

Option #1: Go to him

If you've just separated, this is perhaps the method your heart's telling you-no, screaming for you-to utilize. You want to drive right down to his household with French maid's outfit and a bottle of massage oil and apologize, beg, and bat your eyelashes until eventually he forgives you.

Sadly, next to basically running over his family pet, this is perhaps the very best strategy to make sure the break up is final. It makes you look mentally unstable and like someone who can't really handle life by themselves.

Occasionally those tearful, lovelorn pleas work on we ladies, but they usually have the reverse effect on guys, who aren't as at ease with open displays of emotion like we are. For this reason, even a little thing such as sending a mushy love note is just not a good idea. That's why I decided this wasn't the solution to the question of how should i get my old boyfriend back.

Option #2: Let him come to you!

No! I don't mean sitting by the phone all night praying for him to call. I really mean going about your life as if you'd never met Mister what's-his-name, only stopping to let any collective friend of yours be aware that you're still single and theoretically ready to speak to your ex.

If you honestly think your guy will rapidly come to realize what a mistake it was to let you go (eg he's done this earlier), you're probably good with this route. Otherwise, though, it's quite risky.

You're depending on the fact that he's still thinking of you when in fact he may be off on Caribbean cruise interested in anything but his ex girlfriend.

Option #3: Work through friends!

Recruiting mutual company to help in reuniting both you and your guy is not just helpful, it's also a perfectly respectable, as opposed to the French maid outfit thing. The reason this works is because his friends will be able to frame your current outpouring of longing in the manner your guy can relate to and, more to the point, that doesn't freak him out.

The secret to success here is to choose one and only one of his buddies to help you out. Don't start off calling everyone whose number you have in hopes of overwhelming him by using attacks from all sides.

You'll mutually dilute the effect and make your self look desperate. Just pick one friend and ask if they'd been prepared to convey a message for your ex. If they are, be as open and honest as you can be about what happened and how you're feeling.

I can tell you, staying home wondering "How do I get my ex boyfriend back?" won't do you much good. Ultimately, you have the best possibility of winning him back by signing up a friend of his for help. However, you can improve on the options above by seeking recommendations of a professional relationship therapist.

No comments: