Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dealing with Life's Issues - How To Forgive Yourself

Where are your prior sins? Did you ask God to forgive all of them and have you turned away? If so, then your sins are entombed at the foot of Jesus cross. Do you know that God doesn’t actually recall your personal sin. God forgetting and recalling no longer is nearly unbelievable and the only way I know it is true is that God’s word tells me in several passages. In one particular verse it tells me He forgets so far as east is from west. That mileage just can't be calculated and that's the reason God used it as a reference point. You can certainly measure north to south as a result of north pole and south pole yet east to west cannot be calculated. His word furthermore tells me He really does not recall, I don't how you get any clearer.

God’s desire is for you to forgive yourself and as best you possibly can to not recall your prior sin. Now for all of us mortals this is a little harder. God sent us the Holy Spirit just after Jesus went to Heaven and He is our comforter and helper. You need to call on Him to help you to forget your prior sin.

How do you forgive my prior sins? You are certainly not forgiving yourself just like God has forgiven you but you're stating if He's forgiven me personally then I need to forgive myself. Most of us believe that is tough. Often times we'll forgive some other person for their sin faster than we're going to forgive ourselves. Are we being prideful and also placing a higher standard of forgiveness on ourselves. Do we think that we are closer to God than the man or woman I forgave therefore because of my relationship with God my sin will be even worse? I would certainly call that prideful which is a sin to God.

I have seen killers forgiven by God and while they will never entirely forget their wrong they know God has forgiven them and they've a choice. Forgive themselves and grow nearer to God or to stay in a place where by they're telling God He's wrong. I have seen well-known pastors that have committed sin and have asked for forgiveness from God and then they had to forgive themselves.

To discover more about How To Forgive Yourself


To view our video go to: How To Forgive Yourself

No comments: