Monday, January 16, 2012

Traveling Irving, TX By Taxicab - Irving TX Taxi

If you have ever been to a town you know nothing about, you know how agitating and tough it can be. Not long ago, I took a trip to Dallas - Ft. Worth, Irving, TX to be specific. I had never gone there before and had to go to Irving for 10 days on business. I didn't have a car and had to rely on an Irving TX Taxi. I made friends with my driver, Rocky and learned a lot about the area.

On my first day, I landed about 6 in the morning and it was already about 90 degrees outside. I called a Irving, TX taxicab I found on the internet to come pick me up at the airport. I started talking to Rocky on the way to the hotel in Irving. Asked him for a good authentic Texan place to eat and where I could get a drink. He sent me to some very Texan eatery, just like I asked... I've gotta see what locals do. I decided to use Rocky for my cab service for the next 10 days.

Whenever I went somewhere there was a traffic jam so I always engaged in long conversations with him. He was a really nice guy with a small family. He told me about getting use to the U.S. and Texas, his family back home, and how tough it was starting a business. I told him I worked online and he asked what that was... I don't think he really understood how I make a living doing it and I'm not a big fan of explaining, particularly to my mom but, that's another story.

At the risk of sounding like Bubba on Forrest Gump, we drove everywhere. Here are a few cities I went to while I was in DFW.
  • Euless
  • Grand Praire
  • Southlake
  • Hurst
  • Coppell
  • Grapevine


It's funny, you never really think about other people's lives during day to day conversation but, my taxi driver in Irving reminded me that everyone has important things in their life it can be family, friends, or things. I think the human race would be a much more understanding and caring place if everyone took the time to find out about their fellow humans.

If you ever visit Irving, TX and need a cab, get ahold of Rocky at DFW Taxi Express 469-644-1832. Stop by his store at 411 Poplar Ln Irving, TX 75063. He's a friendly guy, good conversation, has a great cab company, and you can get to know a fellow human on this rock we call Earth.

{

No comments: