Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sex Addiction And Real Life Stories (Healing for the Sex Addict)

Sex obsession, it is among the most misconstrued phenomenon's out there. After almost eight years of marital relationship to a guy that I thought I knew within and out, I was baffled to discover that he was combating the demon of sexual obsession in his own life. The part that was misconstrued is that I thought we had a healthy sex life. I thought I satisfied his needs and he was certainly fulfilling mine. It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of times we were sexually intimate or my fulfillment. Exactly what I came to understand was he was in fact suffering and out of control. His mind was continuously plagued by internet sites and other social media sites outlets which pumped the blood into his harmful cancer which ultimately destroyed our marital relationship and ultimately, it destroyed our household. He was a church-going Christian with a successful accounting career but in his personal time he was satisfying his sex obsession needs unbeknownst to me. It made me question everything about our lives, our relationship and the man I had known for many years.

It was not up until I met a psychologist and he counseled me on exactly what sex obsession is and how it is frequently not observed by others since the sex addict can remain almost anonymous while he or she nurses their obsession. The therapist offered me this book on sex obsession and I was overwhelmed with the insight and information into this savage disease. The information consisted of within the book made it clear how three to six percent of Americans have some type of sexual obsession. It made it clear that individuals I was sitting in church, seeing at the grocery store and most likely even those under the radar teaching my youngsters may have this skeleton in their closet.

The regrettable point is that this obsession is real and has a face. In my case, it was as close as under my nose with a husband that required this kind of high. The lucky part was that I had the ability to look for counsel and my spouse voluntarily consented to go. We are in a better place and working to being in a terrific place. Thank you to my psychologist who made me better understand this obsession and thank you to this book. Without these 2 forces, my household most likely would not be in the place it is today.



Go to Amazon for more about this Sex addiction book

Sex Addiction, Although still thought about as a taboo topic, sex obsession has actually become a covertly growing epidemic in today's society. The arrival of social media sites, the simple access to complimentary sexual content on the web and the ability to remain anonymous in the exchange of these sexual activities has actually made it really simple for those with addicting personalities to lose control. It is thought that between three and six percent of the American population is dealing with some type of sexual obsession. Due to the fact that this type of obsession is behavioral, it is very important to initially understand exactly what sex obsession is before determining whether you or a loved one needs help. According to research,those who were raised with inefficient households or endured abuse as a child are more probable to become sex addicts. Lots of sex addicts have actually been abused sexually as youngsters and a variety describe their gaurdians as being distant and unconcerned. It is not uncommon for these people to come from households with histories of drug abuse too. Part of exactly what makes sex obsession such a difficult problem to deal with is the fact that sex is such an important part of our presence. In fact, it is much like food because it is essential for survival. Getting over the obsession and finding out the best ways to have a healthy, meaningful sexual relationship is vital. It is safe to presume that since you are reading this book, you suspect that either you or someone you know is dealing with sex obsession. While a professional is the only one who can really detect such an obsession, by making note of the following behaviors and taking the self-assessment quiz, you must have the ability to figure out whether or not there is a problem.

No comments: