Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sex Addiction And Real Life Accounts (Help for the Sex Addict)

Sex obsession, it is among the most misunderstood phenomenon's out there. After nearly 8 years of marriage to a guy that I believed I knew inside and out, I was baffled to find that he was battling the demon of sexual obsession in his own life. The part that was misunderstood is that I thought we had a healthy sex life. I believed I fulfilled his needs and he was certainly satisfying mine. It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of times we were sexually intimate or my satisfaction. What I concerned understand was he was in fact suffering and out of control. His mind was regularly pestered by internet websites and other social media sites outlets which pumped the blood into his devastating cancer which eventually ruined our marriage and eventually, it ruined our household. He was a church-going Christian with a successful accounting career and yet in his personal time he was satisfying his sex obsession needs unbeknownst to me. It made me question everything about our lives, our relationship and the guy I had known for so many years.

It was not up until I met a psychologist and he counseled me on exactly what sex obsession is and how it is typically not discovered by others because the sex addict can remain nearly confidential while he or she nurses their obsession. The counselor provided me this book on sex obsession and I was overwhelmed with the understanding and info into this ferocious disease. The info contained within the book made it clear how three to 6 percent of Americans have some type of sexual obsession. It made it clear that the people I was sitting in church, seeing at the grocery store and probably even those under the radar teaching my children may have this deep secret in their closet.

The regrettable point is that this obsession is genuine and has a face. In my case, it was as close as under my nose with a husband that required this type of a high. The fortunate part was that I was able to look for counsel and my husband voluntarily agreed to go. We are in a better situation and working towards being in a terrific situation. Thank you to my doctor who made me much better understand this obsession and thank you to this book. Without these 2 forces, my household probably would not be in the situation it is now.



Click this link for more on this Sex addiction book

Sex Obsession, Although still thought about as a taboo topic, sex obsession has ended up being a privately growing problem in today's society. The advent of social media sites, the easy access to totally free sexual material on the internet and the capability to remain confidential in the exchange of these sexual activities has made it extremely easy for those with addictive personalities to blow up. It is thought that between three and 6 percent of the American population is experiencing some kind of sexual obsession. Because this type of obsession is behavioral, it is important to first understand precisely what sex obsession is prior to figuring out whether you or a loved one requires help. According to study,those who were raised with inefficient families or had abuse as a child are more probable to become sex addicts. Many sex addicts have actually been abused sexually as children and a variety explain their gaurdians as being distant and uncaring. It is not unusual for these individuals to come from families with histories of substance abuse too. Part of exactly what makes sex obsession such a tough problem to deal with is that sex is such an important part of our existence. In reality, it is similar to food in that it is needed for survival. Getting over the obsession and finding out ways to have a healthy, significant sexual relationship is important. It is safe to assume that because you are reading this book, you presume that either you or somebody you know is experiencing sex obsession. While an expert is the only one who can really identify such an obsession, by making note of the following behaviors and taking the self-assessment quiz, you must be able to figure out whether there is a problem.

No comments: