Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sex Addiction And Real Life Scenarios (Healing for the Sex Addict)

Sex obsession, it is among the most misunderstood phenomenon's out there. After nearly eight years of marital relationship to a guy that I believed I knew within and out, I was baffled to discover that he was battling the demon of sexual obsession in his own life. The part that was misunderstood is that I thought we had a healthy sex life. I believed I fulfilled his requirements and he was certainly fulfilling mine. It has nothing to do with the number of times we were sexually intimate or my fulfillment. What I came to comprehend was he was actually suffering and out of control. His mind was constantly afflicted by internet websites and other social media outlets which pumped the blood into his devastating cancer which ultimately ruined our marital relationship and ultimately, it ruined our family. He was a church-going Christian with a successful accounting profession but in his personal time he was meeting his sex obsession requirements unbeknownst to me. It made me question everything about our lives, our relationship and the guy I had actually known for numerous years.

It was not until I met a psychologist and he counseled me on what sex obsession is and how it is frequently not seen by others since the sex addict can continue to be nearly anonymous while she or he nurses their obsession. The therapist gave me this book on sex obsession and I was overwhelmed with the insight and info into this savage illness. The info consisted of within the book made it clear how three to 6 percent of Americans have some kind of sexual obsession. It made it clear that individuals I was sitting in church, seeing at the grocery store and most likely even those under the radar teaching my children may have this deep secret in their closet.

The unfortunate point is that this obsession is genuine and has a face. In my case, it was as close as under my nose with a husband that needed this kind of high. The lucky part was that I was able to seek counsel and my husband voluntarily consented to go. We are in a better place and working to being in a terrific place. Thank you to my psychologist who made me much better comprehend this obsession and thank you to this book. Without these 2 forces, my family most likely would not be in the place it is today.



Read more about this Sex addiction book

Sex Dependency, Although still thought about as a taboo subject, sex obsession has actually ended up being a privately growing problem in today's society. The advent of social media, the easy access to totally free sexual material on the web and the capability to continue to be anonymous in the exchange of these sexual activities has actually made it extremely easy for those with addicting characters to lose control. It is thought that in between three and 6 percent of the American population is struggling with some type of sexual obsession. Because this kind of obsession is behavioral, it is essential to first comprehend exactly what sex obsession is prior to figuring out whether you or a friend requires help. According to research,those who were raised with inefficient families or endured abuse as a child are more probable to end up being sex addicts. Numerous sex addicts have actually been abused sexually as children and a multitude describe their gaurdians as being far-off and disinterested. It is not unusual for these individuals to come from families with histories of drug abuse also. Part of what makes sex obsession such a tough problem to handle is the fact that sex is such a fundamental part of our existence. In fact, it is just like food during that it is needed for survival. Getting over the obsession and discovering ways to have a healthy, significant sexual relationship is vital. It is safe to assume that since you are reading this book, you think that either you or somebody you know is struggling with sex obsession. While a professional is the only one who can really detect such a dependency, by making note of the following habits and taking the self-assessment quiz, you should be able to determine whether there is a problem.

No comments: