Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Speed Reading Tips - How To Increase Your Reading Speed

I enjoy reading, but must admit, according to a few simple online tests my 'words per minute' were under average. My problem was always to do with regression; I always thought I wasn't grasping the text, which would cause me to go back over certain phrases more than once. I was also partial to skimming over most text I would read, which was fine for me, but it did often leave me unable to explain what I had read in detail to anyone.

I had always wanted to know how to read faster; read as much as I could in the shortest space of time and still comprehend it all. Hence, I bought the book with great hope that it would make a difference.

I learned of my mistakes; where I was going wrong, but most importantly I learned how to trust my own brain – to trust that it indeed was absorbing each word I see, each phrase I read.

After a few practice reads that took only a few days, the importance of which is well-emphasized in this book, I have managed to improve my reading dramatically and have almost doubled my 'words per minute' rate from 235 to 570. I believe I'm also getting even better.

I had heard of neuro-linguistic programming and rapid serial visual presentation before, but was never able to grasp their importance when it came to reading faster. Now I know all about them. I had considered making use of a speed reading program from the internet, but after having read this book I knew all I needed to and have benefited from Sarah's advice greatly.



Visit Amazon for more about this speed reading book


Folks who find themselves having to cover a great deal of written text will usually aim to read as fast as they can. Perhaps you are studying at present, or your new line of work requires you to approve of a number of written documents, or perhaps you are enjoying reading your new book, but have five lined-up waiting to be read. Either way, by reading this book and following the guidelines inside, you reading speed can increase dramatically.

With 'Speed Reading: Everything You Need To Know' you will learn more about which reading habits are responsible for your reading slowly, and you will be shown how to improve your inner and outer environment in order to combat these old habits.

You will take a look at the pro's and con's of subvocalization, as well as learn more about the widely used methods of 'Skimming', 'Neuro-linguistic Programming' and 'Rapid Serial Visual Presentation'. If you are not sure what these methods consist of, they are well explained inside.

You will discover more about speed reading programs; how they work, are they worth their cost, and do they actually render desired reading results.

The most important aspect of speed reading, is that reader must be sure that they have actually taken-in and comprehended the text they have read. Sarah Whittaker provides a '10 Step Plan' to becoming a competent speed reader, helping you to achieve your goals easily.

This book is part of a series of 'life-skills' books written by Sarah Whitaker. You could choose to read this book a part from the series, and it will help to increase your reading speed dramatically and improve your overall comprehension rates. However, reading it as a part of the life-skills series written by Sarah, it could change your life altogether.

No comments: